This site is subject to Swiss data protection law, in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (DSG) as well as a possible other applicable foreign data protection law.
With this data protection declaration we would like to inform you in detail about the handling of your data and about your rights in this connection. This data protection declaration can be adapted at any time by publication on our site.
Access to our site is subject to general mass surveillance by security authorities in Switzerland, the UK, the EU, the USA and other countries, as is any use of the Internet. We have no direct influence on the appropriate processing of personal data by secret services, police forces and other security authorities.
If you wish to object to the collection, processing or use of your data by us in whole or in part in accordance with these data protection provisions, you can address your objection to Eleni Konstantinou aka Elena Angel, Sallenbachstrasse 12, 8055 Zurich, Switzerland. Our e-mail address is [email protected].
You can save and print this data protection declaration at any time.
The provisions of this data protection provision are linked to our General Terms & Conditions.
Policies for children
Our services are not aimed at children under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. In the event that we nevertheless discover that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete it from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and notice that your child has provided us with personal information, we ask that you contact us so that we can take the necessary steps.
Citizens of the EU
As a citizen of the EU you have the right of access to the personal data we have about you. You can also ask us to correct, update or delete your personal data. If you wish, you can contact us at [email protected] at any time.
In addition, we would like to point out that we process your personal information so that we can deliver our products and services to you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate, common business interests.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us e-mails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our site by using cookies and similar technologies (see below).
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside Switzerland, the UK and/or the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside Switzerland, the UK and/or the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside Switzerland, the UK and/or the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as social media platforms, governmental authorities and databases, inside or outside Switzerland, the UK and/or the EU.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our site, through e-mail, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of products and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address e-mail address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the products and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our site and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our site or through other online services. We process this data to operate our site and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our site, to maintain back-ups of our site and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our site, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our site and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our site and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our site, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our site, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our site. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our site and other online services, to administer and protect our business and site, to deliver relevant site content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our site and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant site content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data, and information about criminal convictions and offences.
Any sensitive data that you choose to share with us in person, in writing, online and through any of our existing communication channels is used for the purposes of delivering and improving our products and services and in accordance with the terms set out in our General Terms & Conditions.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver products or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please e-mail us at [email protected] In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
We may collect non-personal data or non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our site.
Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We make every effort to ensure the security of your data within the framework of the applicable data protection laws and technical possibilities.
Your personal data will generally be transmitted in encrypted form. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) coding system, but point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. when communicating by e-mail) can have security gaps. A complete protection of the data against access by third parties is not possible.
To secure your data, we maintain technical and organizational security measures, which we constantly adapt to the state of the art. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, such as username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
The servers we use are regularly and carefully backed up, however we do not guarantee that these services are available at certain times, as disruptions, interruptions or failures cannot be excluded.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic information not linked to any personal identification with other parties, including business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers, for the purposes of the normal operation of our site, business and marketing activity.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties including:
- service providers who provide IT, administration, marketing and analysis services
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties with whom we share your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
External payment services
For payment transactions, the terms and conditions and the data protection notices of the respective payment service providers apply, which can be accessed within the respective websites or transaction applications. We also refer to these for the purpose of further information and assertion of revocation, information and other rights affected.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We may send you marketing communications from if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our products or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. You can opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us at any time by following the opt-out links in our marketing messages or be e-mailing us at [email protected].
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, subscriptions etc.
You may find advertising or other content on our site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties.
We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing.
These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Third-party plug-ins and applications
This website may include third-party plug-ins and applications. Enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites or services and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Web browser cookies
Cookies are small files that are used for anonymous identification. These are sent to your browser from the website you visited and stored on the hard drive of your computer for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about you.
Our site may use “cookies” to collect information, enhance your user experience and improve our services.
Other Google services
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive or if you refuse to comply with our requests in these circumstances (see below).
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.